Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mizuz inkaholik sits 30 hours in 2 weeks....



AWESOME TATTOO ADVENTURES FROM THE WORLD FAMOUS INKAHOLIKS!





This time it was set for us to cover up a mistake my wife had when she was younger of a dragon wrapping around her leg.This tattoo has a eyesore in all of my work as her photographer,so it was time to take the plunge.We have first thought we would do a big crazy snake since a snakes body flows like this existing dragon does...

So after months of putting it off we decided it is time to lay the ol'master dragon to rest at the bottom of the sea....

We went to the studio and i had changed my mind to do an octopus.That morning I awoke and on the tv the show called Octopussy was on with 007 and directly under that was The hunt for the Giant Octopus!

Being the follower of the signs and wonders of this world I thought This was a sign that today ws the day.

I searched around for images and found a few references of pics of real octopus drawings and still life.

>



I ran across this morphology of an octopus and it caught my eye on how its laying out the whole body and all I had to do was draw what i saw. Which is perfect because the laser treatment only lightened up the dragon enough to cover it,so there are parts still showing which I will get rid of with texture in my shading.

So got out my sharpies and just started to lay in the shapes and all to flow with her body as big pieces like this are meant to enhance curves and define the body in its creative flowing gestures.

The drawing took us around 3 hours to do and it was done in 3 layers.The orange then brown and finally the black.

This is only sharpie drawing as of now.



We sat for 5 more hours to outline and start on the shading. She is now healing enough for us to get back on it soon!

Im so excited to be able to spend this much time working on the love of my life and its going to be some of my finest works to date as i am steadily pushing myself to be better and better...

Feel free to view some of our work on our network pages at facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/mizuzinkaholik,http://www.facebook.com/johnnyjacksontattoo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts